For the poor souls that only read BloggingAbout.NET, I will be the first to break the news: the .NET Framework 2.0, Visual Studio 2005, SQL Server 2005 and related products have been Released To Manufacturing.
If you follow the MSDN Blogs you couldn't have missed the news and I am sorry to repeat what many others have already shouted out in joy.
- Visual Studio 2005 Professional Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Suite (trial version)
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Architect Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Developer Edition
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Edition
- Team Foundation Server - Beta 3 Refresh
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Test Load Agent
- Visual Studio 2005 Tools for the Microsoft Office System
- Visual SourceSafe 2005
- Visio for Enterprise Architects (VS2005)
- SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition
At the moment not all products have shown up in MSDN Subscriptions in the Netherlands. Past experience learns that different regions in the worlds have differing views of the available downloads as the binaries are distributed among the many download servers in Microsoft's datacenter.
Various versions (x86, x64, IA64) of the .NET Framework 2.0 redistributable and the J# 2.0 runtime components can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center. You can also download the .NET Framework 2.0 SDK there for free if you like working on the commandline and don't want to use Visual Studio or one of the low-cost Express Editions.